Today most companies send employees to international conferences and trade shows as a means of marketing products and gaining ideas. These are great places to expose an organization to send key people to meet others in your industry. Since you will represent your organization you should prepare for a conference carefully, before you atend:
Responsibilities at international conferences and trade shows very among: attendees, clients, company booth representatives that exhibit products or services, along with many speaker. Regardless of your role, you must prepare and not just show up and wait for new business opportunities. Get the most out of your participation in a conference, and make the most out of every potential business opportunity.
- Need sales leads?
- Introducing a new product?
- Building new relationships with suppliers or distributors?
Knowing your goals will help you focus your attention and make the best of the time you invest. Remember to create objectives that match your company strategy. Opportunities at international conferences or tradeshows are endless!
“Don’t be afraid to create new experience while conducting business travel”
Business travel may seem like a hassle for many executives while a perk to others. Although everyone has their own opinion these are some of the great benefits business travel may offer:
- Earning Miles: airlines offer great business class traveler many perks to make you feel at home including a business class lounge with free food and drinks. You may also discover faster check-in options to help you save time. Research airlines separately to benefit from these perks.
- Meet New People: you will never be lonely at an airport. Networking or making new clients is easier when you are in airports. The majority of business travelers frequent the same airports you do, why not make new friends while you wait for a flight.
- Experience New Things: love trying new food? How about visiting museums? Or watching sports? Traveling for business gives you the opportunity to build new experiences along the way. Enjoy each new place you visit by trying things that are not available in your home office.
If your doubting an opportunity for business travel think again and remember these benefits and say, yes to these new opportunities.